World Taekwondo Training Camp will be April 9-14, 2017 and World Taekwondo Open will follow won April 15 and 16, 2017.
With this 11th year the camp has grown to 26,000 athletes and coaches and more than 45,000 spectators from 67 countries that have participated in these events since 2007, which was the first Open and Camp combined that was organized worldwide, with the initiative of CAR La Loma Center and its director of high performance Ireno Fargas.
This Open championship and Training camp that counts with the support and endorsement of Mexican Taekwondo Federation and the Asociación Potosina of Taekwondo, whom has already confirmed their participation to this organization, will be the framework of preparation for several teams that will participate in the next World Championship in Korea and the Pan American Open 2017.
Ireno Fargas confirms that this year may be the last event held in the city of San Luis Potosi, since the new La Loma Center in Queretaro will open in 2018 and masTaekwondo will report exclusively all news related to this opening.
For all information please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Activities for World Taekwondo Training Camp
- Arrival of foreign teams, all day.
- from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Arrival of Mexican teams and camp registration
- from 17:00 to 18:30. Physical-technical training for altitude acclimatization
- from 8:00 to 9:30. Physical training and resistance workout.
- from 12:00 to 13:30. Technical training, footwork, covering and basic.
- from 17:30 to 19:00. Sparring and tactic training, 12- round sparring.
- from 8:00 ato 9:30.Physical training, speed workout.
- from 12:00 to 13:30, Technical training, specific training systems.
- from 17:30 to 19:00. Sparring and tactic training. Scoring on electronic body-protector.
- from 8:00 to 9:30. Physical training, physical transmission of technical movement.
- From 12:00 to 13:30. Technical training, coordination of middle and high attacks.
- From 16:00 to 20:00. In-house tournament between foreign athletes & Mexican athletes.
- From 8:00 to 9:30. Physical training, coordination and flexibility workout.
- From 12:00 to 13:30. Technical training, technical workout with elements.
- From 17:30 to 19:00. Tactic training and 12 round sparring.
- From 8:00 to 9:30 Physical and technical training, mixed workout.
- From 10:30 to 11:30. Closing ceremony and certificate awards.
- From 15:00 to 20:00. Registration and weigh in for World Taekwondo Open 2017.
World Taekwondo Open 2017 Program
Saturday, April 15th 2017. Starts at 9:00 am.
- Non-contact sparring all divisions and ages
- Poomsae all ages, belts and styles.
- WTF sparring: White and coloured belts all ages.
- WTF sparring: black belts from 10 to 14 years old.
Sunday, April 16th 2017. Starts at 9:00 am.
- WTF sparring: black belt youth (15 and 16 years)
- black belt juniors (17 to 19 years)
- black belt seniors
- black belt master divisions from 36 years old.
April 17: All day: departure of foreign teams
Camp group: A) white and color belt from 5 years old, speciffic training according to their age and belt, same time schedule but different gym than group B)
Camp group: B) black belts, competitors and coaches