The first European Games will be held in the city and Baku Azerbaijan from June 12 to 28. Taekwondo will see action on June 16 to 19, featuring Olympic categories. Here you will find all the information about the qualifying process to be able to compete in the first edition of this important multisport event in Europe.
- Male: 56 places
- Female: 56 places
- Male (allocation for host country): 4 (one per each weight category)
- Female (allocation for host country) 4 (one per each weight category)
- Male (Universality places) 4 (a special commission together with ETU are responsible to award them)
- Female (Universality places 4 (a special commission together with ETU are responsible to award them)
Total places: 128
The 56 places for male and female will be awarded according to the WTF Olympic Ranking System as of March 31 2015: The best ranked athletes will achieve quota places in that specific event for their National Olympic Committee. The last international event that will award ranking points to get to Baku 2015 will be the European Championships Olympic Weight Categories, ranked G-1, which will take place from March 25 to 29 in the Russian city of Nalchik.
- Born in/or before 1988
- Must satisfy the medical requirements according to World Taekwondo Federation (WTF) Medical Code and Anti-Doping Committee.
- Must comply with antidoping controls in accordance with the WTF and WADA Anti-Doping Rules.
- Must be a holder of the nationality of the participating team
- Must be a holder of the Kukkiwon Dan Certificate
- Must be a holder of the WTF Global Athlete License (GAL).
This multi-sport event will be ranked G4, and will award WTF Ranking Points which will help athletes to get closer to 2016 Rio Olympics.
Complete information about the event. (HERE)