The WTF Technical Committe presented various proposal to modify the present Competition Rules. We bring you the most significant:
- Article 4) about the taping on the foot, wrapping tapes or bandages: it will be checked prior to the competition. The Referee in charge may ask a physician to double check it and approve it.
- Article 6) an event will be recognized by the WTF with the participation of at least four countries with no less than four competitors registered in each class. If there are less than four the results will not be recognized as official.
- Article 8) at least eight competitors will be seeded in each weight division in continental championships or G-2 events.
- Article 14) all Gam-jeoms are eliminated; all faults become Kyong-gos. As for the Gam-jeoms, they will be used in the event of serious misconduct by the competitor or coach at the discretion of the Referee.
- Article 21) the video replay may be requested only when it is considered that a penalty against the opponent is needed
The official physician in a event must be bilingual. It was also stressed that the IOC Medical Code will be strictly applied in each WTF sanctioned event. .
A strict control will be made with the “doctor” who accompany the coach, to avoid that this “doctor “ is actually a second coach.
We will bring you more details about this new modifications int he Competition Rules. Keep updated with masTaekwondo.com
Alex Korram, Exclusive masTaekwondo.com